This tutorial discuses flashing firmware/de-branding/customization with JDflasher.
JD Flasher flasher is now full fledged flashing and patching tool. It supports db2010, db2012, db2020 flashing and patching all CIDs. PNX5230 only flashing is supported. For A2 phones check out A2uploader. You can find out about phone platform from the phone database.
You can thus perform all customizations like uploading flash menus, acoustics, walkman skins etc.
Quick Tutorial on how to use JDFlasher.
First Install USB Flash Driver.
Installing JD Flasher: Download Far Manager, either from official website or from here. Install Far manager, then copy JD Flasher folder to Plugins folder in Far Manager.
OR Download The Ready To Use JDFlasher+Far Manager !
Video Tutorial to Support This Text Tutorial. Downlaod Video
Connecting phone to JDflasher.
- Shutdown phone.
- Start Far Manger.
- Press Alt+F1, select JDflasher.
- In script, choose a phone if available else choose script as db2010/db2020.
- Speed select the max, and port is DCU-60 as always.
- Hit Jump Down Into a Large Rabbit hole.
- Reinsert battery.
- Connect phone holding C.
- Wait for Initialization.
Once you connected you will get at least 2 options and maximum of 4 options depending upon your phone and depending upon the entry script. All phones will get ofs/oflash. The four options are,
- oflash >> Regular FW Flashing Mode to flash firmware/debrand/Crossflash.
- ofs >> Usual Far Manager usage mode to upload thing to FS
- bfs >> breakin FS mode with FS read.
- bflash >> breakin FW flashing mode used for vkp and mod babe flash.
Double click the correct option to enter the correct mode of operation.
Note on Exit: In order to successfully shutdown phone and disconnect, you just move to the root by clicking … option at the top, and finally at the root folder JDflasher will ask if you want to quit. Always exit correctly, else all changes made will be lost.
- Start JDflasher.
- Connect phone to JdFlasher as said above.
- Enter oflash mode.
- On right side navigate to firmware location on computer.
- Select firmware in the right side.
- Press F5.
- Click Copy.
- Then Ensure that the option flash as babe image is selected. (babe for firmwares, mbn, fbn)
- Click “Yeah Flash it”.
- Wait for flashing of all blocks to complete.
You can flash main/fs using jdflasher. To debrand the phone flash both the main and fs. Also remember after flashing FS you need to add the CDA. Download CDA and copy them to tpa/preset/custom using ofs. If you forget to add the cda files to phone fs using ofs then you will end up getting a Configuration Error.
- Start Jdflasher.
- Select script.
- Connect phone as told.
- Enter ofs.
- Navigate in the file system and upload files according.
- Check out the video given, it shows uploading of files to phone file system.
- Using Ofs option you can upload flash menus, acoustics, camera drivers, skins etc
- To exit from OFS you should move to Root by clicking … ! They finally click ok and exit jdflasher.
Note db2010 users: Make sure that the REST file for your phone is present in JDflasher Rest Directory. If not just use the mkrest2.exe to make the rest file. Just Drag your MAIN MBN file on mkrest2 to get the REST file for your phone. Mkrest2 is given with JDflasher in REST folder.
Note db2020 users: If you use any of the breaking methods while using db2020 script then you will have to re flash main firmware always before exit.
- Connect phone.
- Enter Bflash.
- Navigate to patch on right side.
- Hit F5.
- Click Copy.
- Ensure the option flash as vkp is selected
- Click Yeah flash it.
- Wait for patch flash.
- Then apply more patches.
- Then Exit by moving to root.